“I root for everybody!“
“Nothing’s more fun than being carried away.”
“You were smitten with me. You were speechless to behold my beauty. You had never met anyone so fascinating. You thought of me every waking minute. You dreamed about me. You couldn’t stand it. You couldn’t let such wonderfulness out of your sight. You had to follow me.”
I’ve been grinning since Saturday Morning and my aura has reminded me of this character, Stargirl from the book of the same title.
If you haven’t read the book, you should.
Stargirl was this eccentric individual who believed that everyone was nice and everyone offered something good, even if these people blew her off because she was too weird or just too darn happy.
As I’ve mentioned in my previous blog, I’ve just been happy lately. Probably not as happy as Stargirl (it’s impossible to be as happy as Stargirl) but pretty darn close and I’ve come to realize while I’m brushing my teeth several reasons why:
1) I no longer worry about my weight every single millimeter of a second.
–I’m happy with who I am now, doesn’t mean that I’ve become lazy since I’m hopelessly addicted to working out, but it doesn’t mean that I starve myself or beat myself up when I actually eat something. Thing is, I’m happy with who I am and my Friends and family love me for who I am (as cliche as it may sound). If you’d chuck me for something as simple as my weight then you have no room in my life– thank you!
2) I no longer compare myself about other people.
– Seriously, I used to be the most insecure person on the planet! Everyone was prettier than me, I didn’t amount to anything because I didn’t look like a supermodel. It took me years to get over it and only through God’s grace. He made me the way I am for a reason so there’s no use comparing apples to oranges!
3) I no longer judge other people.
– Since I was so insecure, I used to criticize other people to make myself feel better. I’m over that, nothing is more liberating than having nothing bad to say about other people. Some people aren’t so nice, but there are days when I’m not so nice as well and people gave me allowances for it. It’s called paying it forward.
4) I no longer complain about the heat, among other things.
– When you complain, it becomes worse, so what would the point be? All we have to do is to step out and appreciate what we have for what they are, besides, they’re bound to get better, so why bother?
5) I’ve learned to accept people for who they are, instead of trying to mold them into little mini-mes.
– Everyone has a opinion, it doesn’t make them a bad person, just not the same as me. It’s interesting to come across people who are so different from you and yet you find a common ground that makes being together make so much sense.
6) I’ve stopped trying to fit myself into your life.
– Okay, here’s the deal, I’ve been an idiot for you for a year plus plus plus and I only got over it recently because I realized that no matter what I do, no matter how many times I pray, you’re not for me, so it’s not going to work.
It’s a liberating thought to know that whenever I think of you, I no longer have that heavy feeling that used to engulf me.
So let’s all be like Stargirl, being happy is the best feeling in the world.
“Seek ye first the kingdom of God…”