To my everdearest Pipay,
You were my joy tonight. I was going through several things that made me extremely sad but you were a blessing. The way you say, “I wab you bery much” just overwhelms my heart, you are living proof that God gives us miracles.
I know you are too young to read, or even understand this letter, but I hope ten or twenty years from now, when you are going through something extremely difficult, or when you feel that there is nothing left in this world that could go right, or when you feel like you have not done anything right, I want you to read through this and realize that you are someone’s joy, that when you were younger, you made a lot of people happy simply because you exist. Your smile is enough to make someone forget a bad day.
Your presence radiates a room and it breaks my heart because before I know it, you will grow up. You will become a teenager and you will face the toughest challenges in life. I will still be there for you when the time comes, but just like every single grown up, I cannot save you from everything.
That is something that you would have to do yourself. That is something that I am still hurting.
So here are a few lessons I’ve learned along the way and I hope that when you’re old enough, these nuggets will be enough to get you through:
1) Your family is the one that you are born with. Sometimes, they disappoint you, sometimes they hurt you and sometimes, you do both things to them as well. But don’t lose hope, things will fall into place, you will forgive and forget.
2) But at the same time, don’t be afraid to find family other than the one you were born with. Even if the world is a crummy place, there are still good people in the world. Never ever stop believing that. Never stop believing that there is some good left in the world. There will always be that person that will shock you and make you realize that God does use people.
3) There will be a love that will never love you back. I’m not being cynical. I’m being real so you don’t keep expecting that every guy you have eye contact with will fall in love with you, most of the time, they only want things that you consider special. Keep close heed of your heart, it’s okay to be cautious and careful…
4) But listen to your heart… People always used to tell me that I will just know and my fear has allowed me over look that. Don’t let your fear get the best of you. Despite how many times you have been rejected, no matter how many times you have had your heart broken, it’s worth it. Because everything that leads to that great love that God has in store is worth. Learn what you can and move on.
5) Most of the time, the people closest to you are the ones that hurt you the most with thier words. Don’t believe everything they say, most of the time, they’re too hurt and confused to understand the weight of thier words. You are wonderful, you may have flaws, but you have something wonderful in you, fight. Fight against the hurt. Fight against judgement, but most of all fight for your family.
6) Embrace life, darling. Run wild, but not too wild. Embrace it with everything that you have.
And Always remember, I love you. You are the most precious thing on earth.
With all of my heart,
Tita Carla =)
(I think Carla will be fine, okay?! haha)